Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Wednesday night from Starbucks!!

Had to get my son to his math tutor tonight and instead of going home to do dishes decided to get myself a coffee and do the blog before 10pm!!

It was an interesting day all in all and I am doing my best to 'hear' everyone but I must admit my patience is in need of a boost.
Here is a sample of what our day sounded like....
"(Insert name here) is bothering me (making faces at me, looking at me funny, calling me down)"
"(Insert name here) is taking (throwing, breaking, stealing) my pencils (eraser, pens, ruler, sharpener)
"I am mad at (insert name here) because he (or she) is talking about me, writing on my work, being snotty, talking too much, not talking at all, not doing work)
" I am not feeling well can I call home? "
"You can't take my water bottle I am only gargling water when you are teaching because I have a sore throat!!!"
"This new seating plan is 'retarded' it is nothing anyone wanted"
An overwhelming cot of confidence that started off my morning.

"Someone has my headphones- they were on my desk and now they are gone"
"Can I go to the bathroom, get a drink, call my mom, see Mr. Parker about floor hockey, ....etc
"I can't find my journal, math book, art project, my lunch, camp forms...... And so it went - maybe the effects of that blood red moon the other evening? Who knows?

Me: be patient, be kind, be fair and get out of class at break time to be sane for the next session!! Some days are definitely a challenge.

So what did we do in class besides complain and run interference you might be asking?

Our day
Daily French activity writing and translating the usual greeting, day and date and weather info.

Journal write about magical or superpowers students would like to have as an introduction to GreekMythology

20 minutes for the novel - more students are completing and working on the ABC summary activity

12 labours of Heracles or Hercules
Introduction to the stories of Greek mythology

Math
Review Divisibility rules (multiply/ divide)
basic fractions making equivalent fractions and reducing to lowest terms
Adding fractions with like denominators
Using knowledge of common multiples to solve word problems

Read to self

Floor hockey in The gym for physical education

Art project back in class - personal flags for the biennale project

Thanks to the students who stayed to help with the chairs and the wayward supplies. Much appreciated.

Yay I managed to get the blog done before 10pm
Have a good night- off to pick up my son now.
Mrs. J











No comments:

Post a Comment